Best Gynecologist in Tirunelveli for Molar Pregnancy
Unusual and rapid growth of part or all of the placenta.
A molar pregnancy is also known as a hydatidiform mole. It occurs when the tissue surrounding the fertilised egg, which would normally develop into the placenta, instead forms an abnormal mass inside the uterus.
There are two different types of molar pregnancy:
Partial molar pregnancy :
In apartial molar pregnancy, a fetus develops but it will be abnormal and cannot survive.
Complete molar pregnancy :
A complete mole happens when there’s only placenta tissue growing in the womb. There’s no sign of a fetus at all.
A molar pregnancy may appear to be normal at first, but most molar pregnancies have clear signs and symptoms, such as:
- During the first trimester, vaginal bleeding varies from dark brown to bright red.
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) and extreme nausea and vomiting
- Grapelike cysts may often pass through the vaginal passage.
- Pelvic pain or pressure
Other symptoms of a molar pregnancy
- Rapid uterine development — the uterus has grown to a size that is inappropriate for the stage of pregnancy.
- Blood pressure that is too high
- Preeclampsia is a disease that develops after 20 weeks of pregnancy and induces elevated blood pressure and protein in the urine.
- Cysts in the ovaries
- Anaemia is a disorder in which a person
- Thyroid hyperactivity (hyperthyroidism)
Consult your doctor or maternity care provider if you notice any signs or symptoms of a molar pregnancy.
Chat with A Professional 24/7
Can I Talk to a Doctor Online?
Yes, you can speak to a doctor online.
Our doctors can answer your medical questions, make a professional diagnosis and prescribe medicationsm.
1st Floor, Mubarak Plaza, BBC Colony, South By Pass Road, Tirunelveli – 627 005.
Monday to Saturday : 9am – 9pm
Sunday : 10am – 9pm
Phone : (+91) 98949 37345